ROWAN COUNTY, N.C. — The body of a Rowan County girl who was last seen in November 2011 has been located, according to Capt. John Sifford with the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office. In August 2016, investigators with the sheriff’s office and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) obtained information that confirmed Erica Parsons was likely deceased. On Tuesday, Rowan County detectives and special agents with the FBI recovered skeletal human remains of a young girl who was identified as Erica. READ MORE HERE
Archive for the ‘Important Info’ Category
Shocking Photo of Child Wrapped in Duct Tape Circulating Online
A shocking photo has been submitted to Fugitive Watch of a little girl wrapped induct tape, with tape across her mouth. The photo appears to be from a Facebook account with the name Carlos Bautista. The post is written in Spanish saying the girl is 12 years old and is being offered for as a servant or sex slave. It also appears to say she cleans and mops and is good for other things. READ MORE HERE
CNN – The remains of Jacob Wetterling, a Minnesota boy abducted from a rural road 27 years ago, have been found, the Stearns County Sheriff’s Office said Saturday. The release didn’t say whether anybody has been charged. The sheriff’s office said investigators will evaluate new evidence and “expect to be in a position to provide more detailed information early next week.” The abduction of the 11-year-old boy led to the 1994 Jacob Wetterling Crimes Against Children and Sexually Violent Offender Registration Act, which requires states to maintain sex offender registries and guidelines. READ MORE HERE
An Open Letter to NY Times Public Editor Liz Spayd, from Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse and Advocates
“The voiceless have a voice. A journalist’s job is to amplify it.”
Dreamcatchers for Abused Children, Inc. is honored to have our organization included in this open letter to The New York Times Public Editor, Liz Spayd, as we stand in full support of this much needed movement to create change. On behalf of the Peaceful Hearts Foundation, we are listed as one of 38 Child Sexual Abuse Survivors, Organizations and/or Advocates, urging Liz to cover the Child Victims Act of New York. We would like to personally thank Nancy Levine for all of her hard work, effort, and dedication to this important issue. Please join us, along with the 43 million plus survivors of child sexual abuse in the United States alone as we work to create change, break the silence, and bring light to this epidemic plaguing our nation.
Can we, the community of survivors of child sexual abuse and advocates, count on The Times to elevate its editorial sensitivity to covering news that affects us? Would you be willing to address questions about The Times’ absence of recent coverage of the Child Victims Act and an appearance of a conflict of interest?
List of 38 Child Sexual Abuse Survivors, Organizations and/or Advocates Supporting This Movement
Matthew Sandusky, Executive Director, Peaceful Hearts Foundation
Phil Saviano, Boston survivor and activist portrayed in the movie Spotlight
Peter Brooks, Horace Mann Action Coalition, Interschool Network Against Sexual Abuse
Mike Pistorino, child abuse survivor and advocate
Gary A. Greenberg, Fighting for Children PAC, Protect NY Kids
Andrew Willis, Co-Founder and CEO, Stop Abuse Campaign
Dr. Robert M. Hoatson, President and Co-Founder, Road to Recovery, Inc.
John Salveson, President, Foundation to Abolish Child Sex Abuse
Ronald Savage, survivor and Founder, United Coalition Association
Kristen Houser, MPA, Chief Public Affairs Officer, National Sexual Violence Resource Center, Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape
Sandra Potter, CEO and Founder at Dreamcatchers for Abused Children
Pamela Pine, Founder and CEO, Stop the Silence, Stop Child Sexual Abuse
Christopher M. Anderson, Executive Director, MaleSurvivor
Blair Corbett, Founder and Executive Director, Ark of Hope for Children
Whitney Gabriel, Board Member, Child Molestation Research & Prevention Institute (CMRPI)
Sara Kabakov, survivor, advocate
Judy Mitzner, survivor, advocate
Ana Wagner, Organizer, Brooklyn Bridge Walk for a Window
Bill Murray, CEO and Founder, NAASCA (National Association of Adult Survivors of Child Abuse)
Jill Jones-Soderman, Executive Director, The Foundation for the Child Victims of the Family Courts
Catherine Goodwillie, Executive Director and Board Chair, We are SAFE (Sexual Abuse Forever Ending)
Lisa Newman, President and Founder, LIFE Keys Child Project
Sheri Rettew, Executive Director, Hope Clinic
Charmill D. Vega, survivor advocate and Founder, Prevent 5Kids, Inc.
Shane McNamara, Co-Founder and Executive Director, Survivors & Mates Support Network
Yerachmiel Lopin, Founder and Proprieter of anti-abuse website, Frum Follies
Rabbi David Ingber, Founder and Spiritual Director, Romemu
Rabbi Jill Zimmerman, Founder, The Jewish Mindfulness Network
Billye Jones, LCSW, Adjunct Faculty, NYU Silver School of Social Work
Marti Leimbach, survivor and author of Age of Consent: A Novel
Rachel Thompson, author, advocate, entrepreneur, mother, Founder, #SexAbuseChat (Twitter)
Elizabeth C. Sorvillo, attorney, advocate
Michael Dolce, survivor, attorney, activist
Michael Broussard, Theatre Artist and Survivor Advocate
Cliff H. Mason II, Founder and Editor-in-Chief, Mason Report®
Nikki DuBose, Executive Board Member, Peaceful Hearts Foundation
Melanie Blow, COO, Stop Abuse Campaign
Tammy Lerner, Vice President, Foundation to Abolish Child Sexual Abuse
Survivors, supporters, and anyone who cares about eradicating child sexual abuse are encouraged to join community leaders in inquiring about The Times’ absence of coverage of the Child Victims Act of NY and appearance of a conflict of interest. Contact Public Editor Liz Spayd at [email protected] or Twitter: @spaydl
Accused child rapist arrested after 23-years on the run
A former Dorchester man accused of raping two young boys in the early 90s was arrested in North Carolina Wednesday, after authorities said he spent 23 years on the run. John Joseph Hartin, 46, was taken into custody without incident at his Walkertown home, according to an FBI statement. The arrest comes after a four-year multi-state media campaign from the bureau, offering a reward of up to $25,000 for information leading to Hartin’s capture. READ MORE HERE
URGENT! An international hunt has been launched for an Indian-origin man found guilty of repeatedly raping a six-year-old child in the UK. Pedophile Vijesh Kooriyil fled to India earlier this week, just a day before his trial was due to commence in Oxford on Tuesday. The 29-year-old business manager boarded a plane to Delhi on Monday night and was unanimously convicted of two rapes and sentenced in absentia to an extended prison term of 18 years at Oxford Crown Court on Friday. READ MORE HERE
Police seek public’s help in finding boy’s killer
TEXAS – Houston police are calling on the public to help find the man who fatally stabbed an 11-year-old boy as he walked home from school this week, and the reward for information in the case has risen to $15,000. “The murderer is still on the loose at this point,” Houston homicide Lt. Robert Blain told reporters Friday after the surprise announcement that charges had been dropped against the initial suspect, Che Lajuan Calhoun. “It is very important we get this suspect off our streets before he commits another senseless crime ,” Herman said in a release. Police are seeking a black man with a tall thin, build. He was seen wearing black pants and a black shirt, with a green jacked over his shoulders. He would have been covered in blood from the brutal attack, Blain said. READ MORE HERE
UPDATE: (5/12/16) Carlie Trent Rescued; Uncle Arrested
An AMBER Alert was issued 6-days ago by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation on behalf of the Rogersville Police Department for 9-year-old Carlie Marie Trent. Carlie was taken out of school last Wednesday by her uncle by marriage, Gary Simpson, who has no custodial rights to Carlie, under false pretenses.
Carlie is 4-foot-8 weighing 75 pounds with blonde hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a black and grey tank top with blue jeans. Simpson, 57, is a white male, 5-foot-10, weighing 157 pounds. Simpson is balding, and has brown hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a brown cap, a dark colored shirt and jeans.
Simpson was driving a white 2002 Dodge Conversion Van with Tennessee plate registration: 173GPS. The van has a dark stripe down the middle with light gold running boards and paint is chipping off the hood.
Warrants have been issued for Simpson for kidnapping. If you have seen the child, subject or vehicle, please call the Rogersville Police Department at 423-272-7555 or TBI at 1-800-TBI-FIND.
A Florida mom and her infant son nearly died because she forgot to push a button. “To see my son in my arms, passed out from the lack of oxygen was a moment that I would never wish on anyone,” said Constance Petot. First responders told her that another 20 minutes of carbon monoxide poisoning and she and 13-month-old Parker and “it would have been over.” Petot is one of at least 60 U.S. drivers who have parked cars with keyless ignitions in their garages, only to forget to push a button and turn the vehicles off. She survived the effects of car exhaust seeping into her home, but not everyone is so lucky. At least 21 people have died. READ MORE HERE
Orlando, Florida – Police are searching for a man who grabbed and attempted to kidnap a 13-year-old boy in Ontario Friday night, authorities said. The teen was walking to a relative’s home about 11 p.m. when a man hiding behind bushes in the 900 block of North Beryln Avenue jumped out and grabbed him, according to an Ontario Police Department news release. READ MORE HERE
Through a Rapist’s Eyes
During my two decades of work as an investigative reporter, I interviewed hundreds of convicted child molesters in prisons across America. My objective was to uncover how they had lured children and teens into abuse and worse. My intention was also to generate a criminal profile that could be shared with parents and law enforcement. Instead, I found child molesters and abductors to be a diverse group that possesses no tidy criminal profile and does not discriminate by race, gender, class or age.
So who are these sexual offenders?
- Males and Females
- Young Adults, Middle-Aged Adults, and Seniors
- Upper Class, Middle Class, and Disadvantaged
- All Races & Ethnicities
- Vocationally Diverse
One child pornography sting operation by the U.S. Justice Department and Customs Postal Inspectors resulted in well over two hundred arrests. The occupations of those arrested was a virtual rainbow of American life, representing 44% of all occupations listed by the U.S. Department of Labor.
How many child molesters live in the United States?
Approximately 400,000 convicted pedophiles currently reside in the United States, according to Department of Justice estimates.*
Are there really female child molesters?
Yes. A 2000 statistical report by the US Department of Justice* found that female offenders victimized:
- 12% of victims under the age of 6
- 6% of victims ages 6 – 12
- 3% of victims ages 12 – 17
How many victims does a child molester average?
Interviews guaranteeing complete confidentiality and immunity from prosecution, conducted by Emory University psychiatrist Dr. Gene Abel*, uncovered that:
- Male offenders who abused girls had an average of 52 victims each.
- Men who molested boys had an astonishing average of 150 victims each.
- Only 3% of these crimes had ever been detected.
How do child molesters get into situations where they can exploit children?
Few child molesters are able to resist their powerful urges to initiate contact with children and will go to great lengths to do so. Common strategies include:
- Befriending parents, particularly single parents, to gain access to their children.
- Offering babysitting services to overextended parents or caregivers.
- Taking jobs and participating in community events that involve children.
- Attending sporting events for children and/or offering to coach children’s sports.
- Volunteering in youth organizations, offering to chaperone overnight trips.
- Loitering in places children frequent – playgrounds, malls, game arcades, etc.
- Spending time in Internet gaming and social communities, learning the online interests and lingo of youngsters.
- Becoming foster parents.
What is the most common method used by child molesters?
The Affection Lure. (See Think First & Stay Safe™ Parent Guide) Most victims of abuse are “groomed” over a period of weeks, months, or years. The Affection Lure is used both offline and online to seduce unsuspecting youngsters in need of love and attention. Child molesters have repeatedly told me: When there’s a physically or emotionally absent parent in the picture, it makes the child more vulnerable than ever.
Which age group is most often targeted by child molesters?
In the interviews I conducted, the majority of molesters cited a preference for children on the brink of puberty. This is the age of sexual awakening, making it easy for molesters to prey on the sexual curiosity and ignorance of youngsters. To quote one of the sexual offenders I interviewed, “Give me a kid who knows nothing about sex, and you’ve given me my next victim.”
While we as parents are inclined to give pre-teens and teens more freedom and less supervision, this age group is actually the most vulnerable to abuse and abduction. We must talk frankly and often to our children about “the birds and the bees” and not allow sex offenders to educate our children for us.
Wouldn’t a vigilant parent be able to detect a child molester, just by their actions?
Not necessarily. Remember, sex offenders who prey on children:
- Are notoriously friendly, nice, kind, engaging and likeable.
- Target their victims, often insinuating themselves into that child’s life – their family, school, house of worship, sports, and hobbies.
- Are professional con artists and are expert at getting children and families to trust them.
- Will smile at you, look you right in the eye and make you believe they are trustworthy.
Do kids and teens ever sexually abuse other children?
Sadly, yes – and many of these juvenile offenders are victims of sexual abuse themselves. A U.S. Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics report* found that:
- 23% of all sexual offenders were under the age of 18.
- 40% of offenders of victims under age 6 were themselves juveniles
- 13% were 7-11 years old; 27% were 12-17 years old.
- 39% of the offenders of victims ages 7-11 were juveniles.
- 27% of the offenders of victims ages 12 -17 were juveniles.
What types of assaults were these?
Juvenile offenders under the age of 12 were responsible for:
- 23% of forcible sodomies
- 19% of forcible fondlings
- 17% of sexual assaults with an object
- 7% of forcible rapes
Juvenile offenders ages 12 – 18 were responsible for:
- 36% of forcible sodomies
- 27% of forcible fondlings
- 23% of sexual assaults with an object
- 17% of forcible rapes
When and where did these assaults usually happen?
The peak time for juvenile assaults was 3 pm, after school. Other spikes in the number of incidents were at the traditional meal times of 8 am, noon and 6 pm. Most of these assaults happened in the home of the victim, the home of the offender, or another residence.*
How many of these assaults were by family members?
- 49% of offenders of victims under age 6 were family members.
- 42% of offenders of victims ages 7-11 were family members.
- 24% of offenders of victims ages 12 – 17 were family members.*
Are there groups of organized child molesters that prey on children?
Yes. Small groups of militant and highly organized child molesters operate worldwide, and many claim genuine concern for the welfare of children. The actual number of members in these organizations is unknown, though their power is evident. One pedophile organization’s newsletter correctly identified ten sting operations in five different states. Another exposed and compromised four federal sting operations. Clearly, these organizations have connections.
What are their beliefs and goals?
In general, these groups believe that sex with children is harmless; some even claim that sexual relations are healthy for children. Their goals include decriminalizing child molestation and lowering the age of consent.
Where do they meet?
In addition to attending conferences and conventions, members now meet primarily via the Internet where they may swap methods, success stories, even names, descriptions, and images of children. Since the early 1980’s, they have exploited the Internet to communicate with one another, spreading their propaganda to anyone who will listen.
Aren’t their activities illegal?
Most of these groups and members are careful to keep their public activities within the realm of protected civil liberties.
In 2006, a new political party (PNVD) was established in the Netherlands. Commonly referred to as “the Pedophile Party,” it seeks to lower the age of consent from 16 to 12. Opponents had asked The Hague District Court to bar the party from registering for national elections, but Judge H. Hofhuis ruled: “Freedom of expression, freedom … of association, including the freedom to set up a political party, can be seen as the basis for a democratic society.”
Are these groups a real threat?
While the average child molester does not belong to an organized group, we would be foolish not to take seriously any group whose members are committed to sexual activity with children.
1) The first thing men look for in a potential victim is hairstyle. They are most likely to go after a woman with a ponytail, bun, braid or other style that can easily be grabbed–most likely a woman with long hair . Women with short hair are not common targets.
2) The second thing men look for is clothing. They will look for women who’s clothing is easy to remove quickly. Many of them carry scissors around specifically to cut clothing.
3) They also look for women on their cell phone, searching through their purse, or doing other activities while walking because they are off-guard and can be easily overpowered.
4) Men are most likely to attack & rape in the early morning, between 5: 00a.m. and 8:30a.m.
5) The #1 place women are abducted from/attacked is grocery store parking lots. #2: office parking lots/garages. #3: public restrooms.
6) The thing about these men is that they are looking to grab a woman and quickly move her to another location where they don’t have to worry about getting caught.
7) Only 2% said they carried weapons because rape carries a 3-5 year sentence but rape with a weapon is 15-20 years.
8) If you put up any kind of a fight at all, they get discouraged because it only takes a minute or two for them to realize that going after you isn’t worth it because it will be time-consuming.
9) These men said they would not pick on women who have umbrellas, or other similar objects that can be used from a distance. Keys are NOT a deterrent because you have to get really close to the attacker to use them as a weapon. So, the idea is to convince these guys you’re not worth it.
10) Several defense mechanisms he taught us are: If someone is following behind you on a street or in a garage or with you in an elevator or stairwell, look them in the face e and ask them a question, like what time is it or make general small talk: ‘I can’t believe it is so cold out here, or We’re in for a bad winter. Now you’ve seen their face and could identify them in a line-up; you lose appeal as a target.
11) If someone is coming toward you, hold out your hands in front of you and yell STOP! or STAY BACK! Most of the rapists this man talked to said they’d leave a woman alone if she yelled or showed that she would not be afraid to fight back. Again, they are looking for an EASY target.
12) If you carry pepper spray (this instructor was a huge advocate of it and carries it with him wherever he goes), yell I HAVE PEPPER SPRAY and holding it out will be a deterrent.
13) If someone grabs you, you can’t beat them with strength but you can by outsmarting them. If you are grabbed around the waist from behind, pinch the attacker either under the Arm (between the elbow and armpit)OR in the upper inner thigh VERY VERY HARD. One woman in a class this guy taught told him she used the underarm pinch on a guy who was trying to date rape her and was so upset she broke through the skin and tore out muscle strands – the guy needed stitches. Try pinching yourself in those places as hard as you can stand it – it hurts.
14) After the initial hit, always GO for the GROIN. I know from a particularly unfortunate experience that if you slap a guy’s parts it is extremely painful. You might think that you’ll anger the guy and make him want to hurt you more, but the thing these rapists told our instructor is that they want a woman who will not cause a lot of trouble. Start causing trouble and he’s out of there.
15) When the guy puts his hands up to you, grab his first two fingers and bend them back as far as possible with as much pressure pushing down on them as possible. The instructor did it to me without using much pressure, and I ended up on my knees and both knuckles cracked audibly.
16) Of course the things we always hear still apply. Always be aware of your surroundings, take someone with you if you can and if you see any odd behavior, don’t dismiss it, go with your instincts!!! You may feel a little silly at the time, but you’d feel much worse if the guy really was trouble.
MORE SAFETY TIPS:
1. Tip from Tae Kwon Do : The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!
2. Learned this from a tourist guide in New Orleans : If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from you….chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!
3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won’t see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc, and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc.) DON’T DO THIS! The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE.
a) If someone is in the car with a gun to your head DO NOT DRIVE OFF, repeat: DO NOT DRIVE OFF! Instead gun the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car. Your Air Bag will save you. If the person is in the back seat they will get the worst of it. As soon as the car crashes bail out and run. It is better than having them find your body in a remote location.
5. A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot or parking garage:
A.) Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor and in the back seat.
B.) If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.
C.) Look at the car parked on the driver’s side of your vehicle, and the passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out. IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.)
6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs.(Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot. This is especially true at NIGHT!)
7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times. And even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN, preferably in a zigzag pattern!
8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP! It may get you raped or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well-educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked ‘for help’ into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.
LEGAL & LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICE LOCATIONS, HOURS, & PHONE NUMBERS
Find U.S. courts, jails, prisons, police departments, sheriffs, and district attorneys, including addresses, hours, phone numbers, and services by state (or) by office. Courtsystem.org provides an accurate and easy-to-navigate directory of legal and law enforcement office contact information. CourtSystem.org is home to tens of thousands of US courts, jails, prisons, police departments, sheriffs, and district attorneys with easy to access contact information including addresses, hours, phone numbers, and services provided by each office. SEARCH BY STATE NOW BY CLICKING HERE
Britax Child Safety is recalling more than 71,000 infant car seats because the carrying handles can break. The recall covers the B-Safe 35, the B-Safe 35 Elite and the B-Safe 35 Travel System made from Oct. 1, 2014, to July 1, 2015. Documents posted Thursday by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said the seats have handles that can develop cracks that can lead to fractures. READ MORE HERE
Search crews continue to canvas areas of Pinson, Tennessee in search of a two-year-old boy who went missing Thursday. Noah Chamberlin was last seen while hiking in the woods with his grandmother and older sister. His grandmother said she was distracted for a minute and turned around to discovery he was gone. READ MORE HERE
RENO, Nevada – A child rape suspect wanted in Nevada may be living in the Lancaster area according to investigators. The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office in northern Nevada, has a warrant for the arrest of 45 year old Lee Thomas Pottle. Charges against Pottle include Sexual Assault of a Child and Statutory Sexual Seduction. The alleged attack happen in July 2014. Pottle is described as a while male, 5 feet 7 inches tall, 181 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. READ MORE HERE
Babysitter accused of child rape added to Massachusetts Most Wanted list
A 75-year-old man used a “friendly, grandfather-like” act to get close to the child he is accused of raping this summer, State Police said. Now, he is on the state’s Most Wanted list after fleeing the child rape charges. State Police said John F. Munroe cut off his GPS monitoring device, which he was ordered to wear while awaiting trial, on or around Oct. 23. His car was later located in Hull, but authorities have not seen him since. READ MORE HERE
Girl hopes to receive cards from around the world
Facebook to post a photo of Safyre standing next to the tree in the hopes of getting enough cards to fill the display.A 5-year-old New York girl who lost her family in a fire that was intentionally set has one wish this holiday season: Christmas cards from around the world. In 2013, Safyre Terry’s father and three younger siblings died in a fire caused by arson. Safyre was found in the debris next to her father, who used his body to shield her from the flames. Safyre suffered severe burns, and in the months following the fatal blaze she lost her right hand and left foot. Dodler took to
Please send cards to:
P.O. Box 6126
Schenectady NY 12306
Convicted child rapist wanted in Snohomish County, WA
WA – The Snohomish County Violent Offender Task Force is looking for Patrick Duffy McQueen. He has a DOC Felony warrant and a warrant for failure to register as a sex offender. McQueen pled guilty in Snohomish County Superior Court on December 6, 2006 to one count of “Rape of a Child in the Third Degree.” He was sentenced to 15 months in prison. This conviction was the result of McQueen sexually assaulting a 15 year old girl. He has ties to South Everett and South Snohomish County. McQueen is 5’05” tall and weighs approximately 168 lbs. If you know where deputies can find him, Crime Stoppers will pay you a cash reward of up to $1,000. Call the hot line anonymously at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
MACON, Georgia – Bibb sheriff’s deputies are searching for an accused child molester and rapist. According to the sheriff’s office, investigators have arrest warrants out for 24-year-old Arthur Martrell McDowell. He’s wanted for aggravated child molestation and statutory rape involving a 14-year-old girl. Investigators tell 41NBC the incidents happened in July and August of this year at an undisclosed location in Bibb County. READ MORE HERE
Tillamook, Oregon – A search is underway for a convicted sex offender who escaped from the Tillamook Youth Facility. Oregon Police are looking for 22-year-old Joshua Garvin. The Oregon Youth Authority says he escaped from the facility sometime after 12pm Saturday. Garvin is from Clackamas County. He is 5’9″, 180 lbs., and has short blond hair. He was wearing a camouflage Duck Dynasty sweatshirt, blue jeans, and black tennis shoes. The public is urged not to approach him because he may pose a danger to himself or others. If you see him, call Ann Snyder at 503-551-8294. READ MORE HERE
OUR MISSION: To educate the public on child abuse signs & symptoms, statistics, intervention, reporting, prevention & assist victims & survivors in locating the proper resources necessary to enable & achieve a full recovery.