JEFFERSONVILLE — A Jeffersonville man convicted of child molesting in a Clark County court last week is believed to have fled the country with his wife and their two children. Officials have reported Norman Matthews, 58 and his family have fled to Ghana, Africa, the home country of Matthews’ wife. The couple traveled with their 5-year-old son and the woman’s 6-year-old daughter. A $100,000 warrant was issued for Matthews in Clark County Circuit Court No. 1 on Tuesday. The warrant was issued for alleged probation violations committed by Matthews: leaving the area without permission, having contact with the victim of the child molest conviction and having unsupervised contact with another child.
TULSA, Oklahoma -Police say four people found shot to death inside an east Tulsa apartment Tuesday morning died in a murder-suicide. Officers say a roommate found the four at the Bradford Townhouses in the 2100 block of South 109th East Avenue at 12:35 a.m. Police said the roommate also found a two-year-old girl sitting on a couch. “The only witness we have right now is a minor child that’s been traumatized so it’ll take a forensic investigator to even attempt to interview a child that young,” said Tulsa Police Officer Demita Kinard. Homicide detectives say it appears a 35-year-old man shot his 22-year-old wife and then their two children, a five-year-old girl and a three-year-old boy, before killing himself. The surviving toddler was not his child, according to police. Officer Kinard says the girl has been reunited with her mother.
CRAVEN COUNTY – Deputies have arrested a man accused of shaking his 4-week-old son, causing breathing difficulties to the baby. The Craven County Sheriff’s Office said 19-year-old Jacob Isaak Pinyan is charged with felony child abuse causing serious physical injury. According to the Sheriff’s Office, investigators received a report on Wednesday of a 4-week-old baby suffering from symptoms of Shaken Baby Syndrome. The infant started having difficulty breathing and was taken to a hospital by his parents, deputies said.
DALLAS – A community is in shock after the body of a 5-year-old girl was found in an apartment complex in northeast Dallas on Sunday afternoon. Police have taken the girl’s 17-year-old cousin Angel Lizandro Sanches-Zenteno into custody. He became a suspect in the girl’s death after an eyewitness identified him as the last person seen with her.
SOUTH BEND, IN — MONDAY NIGHT UPDATE: Micahyah Crockett, an 11-month-old boy severely injured in what police suspect was a horrific act of abuse this weekend, has died in the hospital. His mother, Nyesha Crockett, has been charged in the death. Nyesha told police she used a shirt to smother the baby —that she threw him on the ground and kicked and struck him. Metro Homicide says Nyesha sent text messages to the father: “Come get him before I hurt him,” “Good luck with everything,” “I hope you find your son,” and “OK, think I won’t?”
A 31-year-old man was arrested in connection with the kidnapping of a 3-year-old San Antonio boy who was the subject of an AMBER Alert. San Antonio police said Dante Damien Williams was reported missing at 4:45 p.m. Friday. Police said Dante’s mother and her boyfriend walked into a restaurant in the 200 block of Downshire Drive on the city’s North Side and left the little boy in the car with a friend of the boyfriend identified by police as Michael Daniel Grohman.
INDIANAPOLIS – Indianapolis Metropolitan police charged a father with murder in the beating death of his 4-year-old son. Preliminary charges against 29-year-old Dennis Price include murder, neglect of a dependent resulting in death and battery resulting in the death of a person less than 14 years of age. “It’s upsetting that happens anywhere, but its upsetting in this neighborhood,” said neighbor Anna Breding.
A Connecticut-based Navy sailor left his 2-month-old son with 29 bone fractures, abuse so horrifying that one pediatrician told investigators she was amazed the baby was alive, prosecutors say. Jordan Rittenhouse, 24, was arraigned Friday and charged with first-degree assault and risk of injury to a minor, The Day of New London reported. The Groton, Conn. man, a father also to a 2-year-old, is behind bars on a $500,000 cash bond. The disturbing case was declared by one doctor as the “worst case of serious physical injury she has seen in her career,” court documents obtained by the newspaper reveal.
Men across the country will be sporting a colorful look on their fingernails for the first two weeks of September, as part of the Polished Man campaign which aims to raise awareness of violence against children. Participants, who will wear nail polish on one of their fingers, include AFL player Chris Judd, Logie award winner Gyton Grantley from Underbelly and House Husbands, ARIA award winner Dan Sultan and Triple M’s Anthony ‘Lehmo’ Lehmann. Grantley, who began to show his support a little earlier than required, told Daily Mail Australia: ‘I’m already sporting a nice kind of pink with blue sparkles on top’.
The search for an Alabama woman missing since 2012 has been cast in an even more sinister light this week with the news that she was raped and abused by her grandmother’s boyfriend when she was a young girl. Young mother, Brittney Wood, was raped for two years on and off by, Ronald Robertson, 53, until in 2003, when she was 11-years-old, she accused him of attacking her. Indeed, since 2012, eleven members of Wood’s family have been arrested for having sex with underage relatives in Mobile County. Robertson was convicted in 2005 and is currently serving a life sentence for first-degree rape charges.
A case involving a Pennsylvania man and his girlfriend sheds light on the true dangers involved with domestic violence and abusive relationships as a young man was convicted of killing his 17-year-old girlfriend following troubled relationship that lasted two years. 21-year-old Benjamin Klinger of Elizabethtown pleaded guilty to third-degree murder and was sentenced to 28 to 56 years to life for the death of Samantha “Sammi” Heller after he suffocated her following a deliberate 115MPH car crash.
Prosecutors have charged a Springfield man with incest after an infant was found to have a type of cancer that is caused when the parents have similar genetics. According to a probable cause statement, Steven DeMaranville, 36, impregnated a relative, and because that woman was younger than 17, he faces statutory rape and sodomy charges, in addition to incest. All three are felonies. The statement says an officer was called to Mercy earlier this month to assist child welfare workers from the Children’s Division on an investigation after a 2-month-old child was diagnosed with Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis, a type of “blood cancer” that is sometimes a result of incest.
At least 1,400 children were subjected to appalling sexual exploitation in Rotherham between 1997 and 2013, a report has found. Children as young as 11 were raped by multiple perpetrators, abducted, trafficked to other cities in England, beaten and intimidated, it said. The report, commissioned by Rotherham Borough Council, revealed there had been three previous inquiries. Council leader Roger Stone said he would step down with immediate effect. Mr Stone, who has been the leader since 2003, said: “I believe it is only right that as leader I take responsibility for the historic failings described so clearly. Several staff described their nervousness about identifying the ethnic origins of perpetrators for fear of being thought as racist” The inquiry team noted fears among council staff of being labelled “racist” if they focused on victims’ descriptions of the majority of abusers as “Asian” men.
INFANT ABDUCTED FROM AN ALLEY Delano was last seen on August 27, 2014 at approximately 12:02 p.m. He may be in the company of an adult male and female. They may be traveling in a 2000-2003 blue 4-door Ford Taurus. Delano was last seen wearing a dark blue onesie. Family offers $10,000 reward for missing […]
Hundreds of pictures and videos of children found on hard drives and CDs A paediatric nurse in San Diego, California has been charged with molesting his two-month-old foster child. Michael William Lutts, 50, pleaded not guilty in federal court yesterday to a charge of sexually exploiting a child, said Darrell Foxworth, an FBI spokesman in San […]
A Catholic brother and former school principal has been charged with a string of child sex offences dating back to the 1970s and 1980s. Investigators will allege David Standen, 65, molested five 12-year-old-boys at St Patrick’s College in Goulburn between 1978 and 1980 while he was a teacher at the private school. Police arrested Brother Standen at Sydney Airport on August 19. He was principal at St Mary’s Cathedral College in inner-city Sydney for 10 years before he retired in 2010.
The Victorian Government is facing scrutiny for appointing a senior state education official who has been linked to a shocking child abuse scandal in northern England for a 16-year period. Between 1997 and 2013, children as young as 11 were sexually exploited by gangs of men – most of them of Pakistani origin. At least 1,400 girls were left to be abused by Asian men because the authorities were too scared to admit there was a race issue. Police and council officials in Rotherham suppressed evidence of the crimes because they feared being labelled racist.
Police forces across Britain are poised to arrest hundreds of suspected child abusers as part of a massive crackdown on the grooming of vulnerable young girls. ‘Wave after wave’ of arrests will be made between now until Christmas in response to the ‘epidemic’ of child sexual exploitation that has haunted the nation for two decades. Police are confident that the raids will lead to scores of court cases across the country, with suspects facing charges of child abduction, rape, multiple rape and sexual assault. In Greater Manchester alone, more than 180 suspects are set to be rounded up in an operation described by sources as a ‘day of reckoning’ for men who have tormented girls as young as ten. Raids are also scheduled to take place in the south of England within the next few weeks, with many others set to follow before the end of the year.
Since at least 1919, the Boy Scouts of America has maintained “ineligible volunteer” files intended to keep sexual abusers, among others, out of its ranks. The records have been closely held by the Scouts, which contends that confidentiality is essential to protect victims, witnesses and anyone falsely accused. In all, The Times has records of nearly 5,000 cases dating back as far as 1947, all derived from court records. Of those, about 1,900 case files with detailed information about the allegations can be viewed in the database. In many of the incidents described, no criminal charges were filed, meaning the allegations were never heard in criminal court. Case files have victims’ names and identifying information redacted.
At some point during their childhood, one in three girls and one in seven boys will be sexually abused, and an estimated 85% of those children are abused by people they know. At age 12 and age 14, actress Jan Broberg was kidnapped, repeatedly sexually abused, and raped by a close family friend, and was so brainwashed that she believed that her abuser was her soulmate. Now, a grown-up and well-adjusted Broberg is currently filming a documentary to tell her story, in hopes of educating families about how to protect their children from being preyed upon, especially by those they know.
“Sons of Guns” has been canceled in the wake of cast member Will Hayden being charged with molesting his now 12-year-old daughter. “Given the serious and horrific nature of the charges against Will Hayden, we have decided to halt further production of ‘Sons of Guns’ and cancel the series,” a Discovery Channel rep told TMZ Wednesday.
The Oklahoma County District Attorney filed charges against a bus driver for the Edmond school district accused of rape and possessing child pornography. Scott Keith Jepson, 32, faces eight charges, including rape, possessing and distributing child pornography, lewd acts with children under 16, and indecent exposure. Jepson was arrested after an 8-year-old told a CARE Center counselor that Jepson touched him inappropriately twice in the same day. The victim told his mother the incident happened in their home during the summer of 2013.
They found her in the back of a car, drunk. She was with a man who was found with pornographic photos of her on his phone. She was 12. This child, only known as Child H, is just one of an estimated 1,400 children who were sexually exploited in Rotherham, England, between 1997 and 2013, according to a new report. Like many others, Child H was identified by authorities for being at risk of sexual exploitation at a young age. At the age of 11, she reported to police that she and another child had been sexually assaulted at the hands of adult men.
The former acting director of cyber security at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services was convicted by a federal jury in the District of Nebraska today of engaging in a child exploitation enterprise, conspiracy to advertise and distribute child pornography, and accessing a computer with intent to view child pornography in connection with his membership […]
Distressing photos show a toddler boy strapped to his nap cot at a Texas daycare that is currently under investigation for child abuse. The saddening photos were taken at Heart2Heart Montessori Cchool by teacher Hannah Tidwell, who witnessed facility owner Pamela Decker carrying out the abusive act on a 2-year-old boy. Tidwell then sent the pictures to the boy’s parents, Kristi and Brad Galbraith, saying their son was one of two boys and a little girl restrained during nap time. The Star-Telegram reports that when Tidwell confronted Decker about the act, she said: ‘Do not say anything about this. I know this [is] illegal but felt it was necessary.’
OUR MISSION: To educate the public on child abuse signs & symptoms, statistics, intervention, reporting, prevention & assist victims & survivors in locating the proper resources necessary to enable & achieve a full recovery.