April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month. We seek to raise awareness of and ask for tougher sentencing for violent crimes against children in this country! MACA is a non-partisan, grass roots, nationwide effort, to UNITE ALL Child Advocates together in solidarity for peaceful demonstrations against crimes against children in the U.S. on April 22, 2013.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
Stand Up Today and participate and support these walks! We will be demonstrating in Washington and all around the country. The list of cities are listed below and updated as new cities join.
Register to walk by sending your name, phone and email and city to:
or visit your individual city’s MACA facebook page and register there.
Want to organize a walk in your area? There are only a few things you need to do as the “Lead” organizer in your area:
1. Register as a “Lead” by emailng us your contact info to: [email protected] name, email and phone#. We will keep you updated with full support. We will have monthly conference calls. We will guide and support you up until the march. People+Signs+Media = Change!
2. Find out the guidelines for a peaceful demonstration (call the local police department) in most cities, you do not need a permit. NOTE: IT IS NOT AGAINST THE LAW TO HAVE A PUBLIC GATHERING ON PUBLIC PROPERTY and most cities will welcome this cause with open arms.
AFTER YOU REGISTER AS A LEAD WITH US:
1. Start a distribution email list in your email box. Start a word or excel document to keep all your marcher’s contact info. You will be emailing them once a month with exciting news. Once a week, send all your new supporter’s contact info to [email protected] and put in the subject line: Marchers in (list city & State). Then list their contact info for our national records.
2. Ask Strong local leadership in each of your areas to come out and speak at these events. Whomever you consider as a role model,leader or pillar of the community, please book them now. Do not wait, their calendars may fill quickly. Send in their information as well.
3. Advertise, advertise, advertise on social media; build your FB COMMUNITY PAGE (LIKES) for the largest turnout in the U.S.! Understand FB’s policies listed below, so you make sure you are not spamming and lose your page. (We will be keeping a national register on all participants as a back up for you.) All Leads who wish to start a FB Community page for your city/state, we ask you follow these guidelines: Titles must be, Million March Against Child Abuse (MACA), your city/state. All persons wishing to support your march must register by supplying you with their name, email address and phone. That information must be given weekly to us to enter into our national database.
4. Identify local media reporters and email addresses and document the information, so in March and then again a week before the march, we will provide you with a press release to send to them.
5. Begin to compile a list of student groups/clubs/organizations at your nearest college. Get the President or VP’s email and phone information. They will come out in droves to support you. Explain to them how CAN is still a silent epidemic and we desperately need their voice during National Child Abuse Prevention Month next April 22, 2013, which is a Monday. Tell them there will be marches going on in DC and nationally. Demonstrations will be held at your courthouse. Monthly Lead Conference Calls begin in October. You will be notified by email. Please make sure you add the email address, [email protected] to your safe senders list.
List of cities already registered for demonstrations:
Alaska – Anchorage, Fairbanks (and surrounding areas)
Arizona – Phoenix
Arkansas – Tuckerman
California – Bakersfield, Covina, Fresno, Los Angeles, Modesto,
Napa, San Francisco, Solono, Ventura, Visalia
Florida – Boynton Beach, Jacksonville, Ft. Lauderdale
Miami, Orlando,Palm Beach
Georgia – Atlanta,Bainbridge
Idaho – Boise, Idaho Falls
Illinois – Algonquin, Champaign, Chicago, Woodstock
Indiana – Bedford
Kansas – Olathe
Kentucky – Paducah
Michigan – Bay City, Flint, Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Lansing, Pontiac
Minnesota – Minneapolis
Mississippi -New Albany, Ripley, Ponatac,
Missouri – Kansas City,Parkville
Nevada – Carson City, Las Vegas, Reno
New Jersey – Wrightstown
New Mexico – Albuquerque
New York – Long Island, Rochester
North Carolina – Charlotte
Pennsylvania – Dallastown, Philadelphia
Ohio – Cleveland, Columbus, Xenia
Oklahoma – Elk City, Sayre
Oregon – Grant Pass, Portland, Salem
South Carolina – Conway, Greenville,Laurens, Myrtle Beach, Spartanburg, Westminister
Tennessee – Knoxville, Memphis, Nashville
Texas – El Paso, San Antonio, Sugarland
Utah – Salt Lake City
Virginia – Virginia Beach
Washington – Olympia, Seattle, Spokane, Tacoma, Vancouver
West Virginia – Huntington
Wisconsin – Madison
Wyoming – Riverton
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE VISIT: MILLION DOLLAR MARCH AGAINST ABUSE
Million March Against Child Abuse (MACA) is a non-partisan, grass roots, nationwide effort to UNITE ALL Child Advocates in solidarity; the public, or organizations, associations and agencies who have a vested interest in children to engage in peaceful demonstrations against crimes against children in the U.S on April 22, 2013. We are not asking for money, only your endorsement and support for the event. We have outlined details below on how you may support this effort. We need nationwide support to give our nation’s children a voice. Please join us! Check out About section for locations list. We updating it constantly. Not every state step up – We need leaders!! We need everyone to attend!! Special Guest Speakers and Celebrities will be attending in DC. If you know for certain you are going to DC, please register by emailing us your complete contact info, mailing address, email and phone to: [email protected]
By the time you finish reading this, 15 children will have been abused; In the next five minutes, 30 more; Within the next hour, 360 more; And by tonight, close to 8,000+ children will have suffered from abuse, 5 of which will die. Child abuse has increased 134% since 1980 and is now considered a worldwide epidemic. The high jump in child abuse deaths and the shocking increase in statistics highlights the frightening lack of public knowledge.
Educate Yourself--Learn the Facts--It may Just Save a Child's Life!!