A 12-year-old girl in Tennessee was saved from a life a forced prostitution when her father tracked down and beat her alleged pimp with a baseball bat. The girls father told police that Brian Jones (pictured) had already forced his daughter to have sex with several men inside Jones’ Memphis apartment. Police documents indicate that the father’s attack occurred after Jones initially refused to give the girl up. READ MORE HERE
Archive for November, 2014
Father, Cornelio Rodriguez-Gonzalez, 23, charged with one count of murder
A 23-year-old Las Vegas father told police he knelt on his seven-month-old son’s chest before the boy died last week because he was angry the baby was being ‘fussy’ even after being fed. Cornelio Rodriguez-Gonzalez was being held Monday at the Clark County jail pending a court appearance on a murder by child abuse charge in the death of his son, Raymond. The 255-pound Rodriguez-Gonzalez was arrested November 18 after initially telling the boy’s mother, Amy Elliott, that the child had fallen while she was at work. READ MORE HERE
A “48 Hours” special on bullying in the digital age
“You’re judged constantly,” Johnny told CBS News correspondent Tracy Smith. “Whether it’s your orientation, your clothing, your — well, how you look, you know, everything.” Since he can remember, Johnny has always been made to feel different. “Growing up, you play sports. If you don’t play sports, then you’re weird or, you know, you just don’t fit in,” he explained. “And all through my life, that’s how it’s been. I don’t fit in.” For most of his life, Lisa Cagno says her son was interested in things most boys weren’t. READ MORE HERE
When paramedics found 3-year-old Charlie Brame at her Orlando home Sunday, she had bruises on her back and head, signs of sexual abuse and she could barely breathe. Doctors later found swelling on her scalp and blood pooling in her skull, an Orlando Police Department report said. Police say the girl was brutally raped and beaten before she was transported to Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children where she died Monday. An autopsy will be conducted to determine the official cause of her death. READ MORE HERE
The nanny in Uganda we told you about on Saturday is being charged with attempted murder after she was caught on videotape abusing a two-year little girl. The Ugandan court made the decision after seeing the videotape. According to the Daily Monitor, the nanny was ordered held in custody until at least the next court hearing on December 8th. In the video, which went viral on Facebook, Jolly Tumuhirwe, a 22-year-old housemaid in Naalya in Kiwatule suburb, appears to be battering the baby with a hard object on the face. When the child starts vomiting, the video shows the maid throwing her heartlessly on the floor of the living room. She then beats her with a hard object before standing on the baby’s back several times and the toddler groaned in pain on the floor. READ MORE HERE
MICHIGAN – A kindergarten teacher in Brownstown Township is accused of intentionally touching a 4-year-old student’s “private area,” according to the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office. John Guthrie, 40, is charged with criminal sexual conduct second degree. He was arraigned this week and was given a $10,000 personal bond with a GPS tether. Guthrie had been teaching kindergarten at Wegienka Elementary School. He was suspended when the allegations first surfaced then stopped getting paid when the charges were brought against him. READ MORE HERE
Joanne turned detective in her quest for justice for her son
Cuddling his tiny nephew in his arms, Norman Shepherd looks every inch the doting uncle as, by his side, the baby’s mother proudly looks on. It is the sort of casual but intimate snapshot that graces countless family albums, yet today Joanne Fowler can hardly bear to look at the photograph. Once that young mother in the picture, now — years later — she is still coming to terms with the horrific betrayal it represents. READ MORE HERE
FLORIDA – In a recent string of ugly incidents in high school sports, Wednesday’s news of an alleged gang rape by a group of Florida high school football players is perhaps the most disturbing. Police arrested six Winter Springs High School (Winter Springs, Fla.) teens in connection with the alleged rape of a student that took place in the woods near their school last week. The student-athletes, all football players, have been charged with sexual battery and false imprisonment after they allegedly pulled the 16-year-old victim into the woods and raped her. Those arrested on Wednesday were identified as Tywuan Johnson, 17, Torreano Batton, 18, Jose Sims, 17, Deoante Steward, 17, Tolbert Alexander, 16, and Marquis Pierre, 16. While all but one are minors, the alleged perpetrators’ names have been released in accordance with Florida law that allows it when the minors are charged with a felony. READ MORE HERE
An 11-year-old Colombian girl is in critical condition after one of more than 100 cocaine capsules her father had made her swallow as part of a drug mule operation, burst in her stomach. That’s according to a report from Mail Online. The girl was rushed to the hospital in Santiago de Cali, Colombia, where doctors removed nearly 1.2lbs of cocaine during surgery. According to the report, 104 capsules of cocaine were removed during the surgery. READ MORE HERE
RECALL: Graco recalling 4.7M strollers for amputation hazard
Graco announced they are voluntarily recalling 4.7 million strollers because of a risk of pinching or cutting a child’s finger. ABC News is reporting there are about 4.7 million strollers in the U.S., more than 200,000 in Canada and 10,300 in Mexico. The recall spans 11 different models sold between Aug. 1, 2000 and Nov. 19, 2014. The recall includes strollers with model names Aspen, Breeze, Capri, Cirrus, Glider, Kite, LiteRider, Sierrea, Solara, Sterling and TravelMate. READ MORE HERE
(CNN) — It seems lately as if every day brings another allegation that further dismantles Bill Cosby’s image as the jovial, pudding-loving patriarch whose family-friendly brand of comedy tickled successive generations. Though the star has vehemently denied most of the accusations that he drugged and sexually assaulted young women seeking career guidance, the stories are taking their toll on his reputation and bankroll. The stories of Cosby’s purported misdeeds have been around for about a decade, but they recently got new life when a comedian took aim at him and a social media stunt inviting fans to meme the comic went awry. READ MORE HERE
THE WOMEN WHO SAY THEY WERE ASSAULTED BY COSBY
1) Andrea Constand – A Temple University employee, she claimed in 2006 that Cosby drugged and sexually assaulted her in his Philadelphia-area mansion two years earlier. Cosby eventually settled this suit out of court as the prosecution said they had 13 Jane Does who would testify Cosby did the same to them in the past.
2) Barbara Bowman – Bowman told MailOnline that Cosby raped and drugged her back in 1985 when she was a 17-year-old aspiring actress. Bowman was one of the 13 Jane Does in the 2006 trial against Cosby.
3) Joan Tarshis – Tarshis claimed that she was just 19-years-old when Cosby drugged and raped her twice in Hollywood back in 1969 while she was working as a writer for him.
4) Janice Dickinson – The supermodel said in an interview that Cosby asked her to come to Lake Tahoe and talk about a television role in 1982, but ended up drugging and raping her.
5) Tamara Green – Green, who first came forward in 2005 told MailOnline that she was an aspiring actress in the 1970s when Cosby gave her pills and pretended to care for her while she had the flu, but instead sexually assaulted her.
6) Therese Serignese – Also one of the 13 Jane Does, she says she was 19 when Cosby drugged and raped her in Las Vegas after one of his shows.
7) Louisa Moritz – She accused Cosby of sexual assault, saying he once forced her into oral sex, backstage at The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson in 1971, and implied he would further her career if she went through with it.
8) Linda Joy Traitz – She said earlier this week that she was just 19 when Cosby drove her out to a beach and tried to get her to take pills to relax, before becoming ‘sexually aggressive’. Traitz, of Hallandale Beach, Florida, has been charged in the past with trafficking pills. Cosby’s attorney, Marty Singer, is trying to use Traitz’s past to discredit her claims against his client.
9) Beth Ferrier – Beth Ferrier claims she had relationship with Cosby in the mid-1980s. She claims that she awoke in her car with her clothes in disarray and not remembering what had happened. Ferrier has claimed that he drugged her coffee.
10) Carla Ferrigno – The wife of Incredible Hulk star Lou Ferrigno, claims Cosby tried to sexually assault her during a gathering at his house in 1967. What’s more, Cosby allegedly tried to use a friend to help court Ferrigno, and allegedly made his move on the former Playboy Bunny just moments after his own wife, Camille, left the room.
11) Angela Leslie – The former model-actress claims that Cosby forced her to masturbate him in his Vegas hotel suite after giving her a strong drink in 1992.
12) Renita Chainey Hill – The 47-year-old mother-of-three who met Cosby when she was offered a role on Picture Pages in Pittsburgh claimed he would fly her to different cities around the United States and drug her during a four-year relationship.
13) Lachele Covington – Covington, an actress who was 20 at the time, filed a police report alleging that Cosby pushed her hand toward his penis after inviting her to his New York home on Jan. 25, 2000 to give her career advice. The New York Postreported that authorities “decided no crime had been committed because until the very moment Covington pulled her hand away, all actions had been consensual.” A Cosby spokesperson called the story “not true.”
An Idaho man man used a shotgun to kill his longtime girlfriend and one of her five children before using the same weapon to kill himself, a preliminary investigation shows. Twin Falls County Prosecutor Grant Loebs says autopsy reports have not been finalized from the Nov. 15 deaths but the early investigation has found only the single weapon. Police say 36-year-old George Salinas likely killed 38-year-old LeAnn Schuldies and her 17-year-old daughter, Brianna Cox, before ending his life.Their bodies were found in a Twin Falls County home. Four other children, ages 6, 7, 9 and 13 survived. They’re believed to be Salinas’ children with Schuldies. READ MORE HERE
A mother has been charged with the murder of her two young daughters after the little girls were beaten to death at a home in Quitman, Texas. Daphne McDaniels, 24, was arrested for the murders of one-year-old Natalye Price and Gabriella Guerrero, three, nearly four months after the sisters’ bodies were discovered. At the time, her boyfriend Thomas Liles, 19, was arrested for tampering with evidence. READ MORE HERE
A woman cut off her three-year-old nephew’s penis after flying into a rage because he walked in on her using the toilet. Xue Paan, 37, now faces jail time following her sadistic punishment of her nephew Qiang Qiang, who she was looking after while his mother visited a neighbor in the Henan Province in central China. Xue was reportedly using her phone on the toilet when the toddler walked in and asked if he could play a game on the device. READ MORE HERE
Thaiya Spruill-Smith, 2, died on Friday after ‘being violently shaken by father on Wednesday’
A brain-dead two-year-old Brooklyn girl’s organs will not be donated after a family dispute kept her on life support. A New York Organ Donor Network spokeswoman tells The New York Times that organ and tissue donation ‘can only occur when there is agreement amongst family members’. The parents of Thaiya Spruill-Smith were in disagreement over whether to donate her organs after the toddler was declared brain dead on Friday. Police say her stepfather violently shook her, resulting in injuries that proved fatal. READ MORE HERE
Convicted high-violent child rapist running
WANTED BY DOC IN KING COUNTY – A teen girl cries herself to sleep – terrified that the man who had just raped her was going to come back and kill her. That convicted child rapist, Jomo Johnson, is now missing. He’s a high-violent convicted sex offender who’s gone off the grid in King County. “In addition to this horrific rape of a child, Johnson’s criminal history includes robbery, residential burglary, thefts, lying to the police, resisting arrest, and obstruction,” says Department of Corrections Ofc. Emily Isaacs. “This is an individual who is extremely volatile. He’s an untreated sex offender. He’s on the loose. We don’t know where he is. We need your help to find him as soon as possible and put him in jail where he belongs.”
Jomo Johnson is 44 years old and also goes by the fake name, “Paul Thompson.” He has a pair of 3” scars: One on his right shoulder. The other on upper left arm. If you know where he is, call an anonymous tip into: CRIME STOPPERS: 1-800-222-TIPS
CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, VIRGINIA — A former Chesterfield baseball coach and business owner was found guilty Wednesday afternoon on a slew of charges involving sex crimes against teens and young adults. A jury of 11 women and one man deliberated for nearly two hours before they found 49-year-old Robert Dodd, who faced 16 child sex-related charges, guilty of:
- 3 counts of Indecent Liberties with A Minor by Custodian
- 3 counts of Aggravated Sexual Battery
- 3 counts of Sodomy
The story of a family distraught over a convicted murderer, released from prison and trying to profit from the death of their loved one drew outrage from hundreds. Irene Avila and her family want to thank viewers for responding so strongly to the story of her daughter Missy. “I never in my wildest imagination thought we had so many people out there that cared about us so much,” she said. Twenty-nine years ago, Missy Avila, 17, was murdered by her friends Laura Doyle and Karen Severson. Her body was found face down in a creek, pinned beneath a heavy log, deep inside the Angeles National Forest. READ MORE HERE
Stephanie Sloop takes plea deal in Ethan Stacy murder
FARMINGTON — A woman charged in the death of her 4-year-old son has struck a plea deal with prosecutors. Stephanie Sloop pleaded guilty on Monday to aggravated murder and obstruction of justice in the murder of Ethan Stacy. In exchange, prosecutors removed the possibility and the death penalty and dropped charges of child abuse and desecration of a body. READ MORE HERE
OUR MISSION: To educate the public on child abuse signs & symptoms, statistics, intervention, reporting, prevention & assist victims & survivors in locating the proper resources necessary to enable & achieve a full recovery.