CLICK ON THIS LINK TO GO DIRECTLY TO THE CHILD ABUSE DIRECTORY SITE:
- Child Slavery@ (7)
- Critical Views (7)
- Domestic Violence and Child Abuse (4)
- Ritual Abuse (12)
- Sexual Abuse (30)
- Society: Issues: Children, Youth and Family: Corporal Punishment (15)
- Society: Issues: Disabilities: Abuse (12)
- Society: Issues: Violence and Abuse: Family Violence (71)
- Society: People: Men: Issues: Violence and Abuse: False Accusations (22)
- Child Advocacy Center, Inc.
Assists child abuse victims and non-offending family members in Southwest Missouri.
- Adults and Children Together Against Violence (ACT)
Sponsored by the American Psychological Association and others, ACT seeks to prevent violence by providing young children with positive role models and environments that teach nonviolent problem-solving. Information on managing anger, resolving conflicts, and violence prevention.
- Choosing and Using Child Victimization Questionnaires” (NCJ 186027)
Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention. [PDF] (March, 2001)
- The Ray Helfer Society
An honorary society of physicians seeking to provide leadership to enhance the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of child abuse and neglect.
- Child Abuse Reported to the Police
Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention report. [PDF] (May, 2001)
- Life and Times of Roger Dean Kiser
Short stories of child abuse in American orphanages.
- FRIENDS National Resource Center for Community Based Family Resource and Support Programs
Provides technical assistance and information to help States in their efforts to reduce child abuse and neglect.
- Child Abuse in religious cults and sects
About religious Cults and Sects regarding brainwashing, thought control and mind control techniques. Jonestown, and Waco. Cult recruitment of youth and college students. An archive and referral service.
- Almanac of Policy Issues: Child Abuse
Find articles, information and links related to child abuse in America.
- ECPAT International
A global network of organisations and individuals working together for the elimination of child prostitution, child pornography and the trafficking of children for sexual purposes.
- Cornell Family Life Development Center
Conducts research, training, and outreach on issues related to the prevention of child abuse, violence, and maltreatment.
- Children’s Protection Society Inc.
Providing leadership in the prevention of child abuse and neglect in Australia.
- Virtual Global Taskforce
An international alliance of law enforcement agencies working together to prevent and deter online child abuse. News, partners, and initiatives.
- First Witness
A child abuse resource center that trains professionals on how to conduct child-friendly, non-traumatic, forensic interviews.
- You Carry the Cure In Your Own Heart
Emotional abuse of children can lead, in adulthood, to addiction, rage, a severely damaged sense of self and an inability to truly bond with others. But-if it happened to you-there is a way out.
- Child Abuse and Neglect Database Instrument System
Developed by the National Crime Victims Research and Treatment Center with funding from the National Center on Child Abuse and Neglect and containing information on numerous standardized assessment instruments that have been used in child abuse and neglect research.
- Support Center for Child Advocates
The Support Center for Child Advocates offers free legal and social services to Philadelphia’s abused and neglected children, with the goal of securing a permanent, nurturing environment for every child.
- National Resource Center for Child Protective Services
Provides information, training, and technical assistance services to state, local and tribal child protection agencies.
- Maltreatment and Adolescent Pregnancy and Parenting Program
Field-tested and research-based materials about violence in the lives of pregnant and parenting teens
- CNN – Abused Children Fall Through Bureaucratic Cracks
In 40 percent of child abuse cases nationwide, the threat was already known to the child welfare system, but it failed to protect the victims.
By the time you finish reading this, 15 children will have been abused; In the next five minutes, 30 more; Within the next hour, 360 more; And by tonight, close to 8,000+ children will have suffered from abuse, 5 of which will die. Child abuse has increased 134% since 1980 and is now considered a worldwide epidemic. The high jump in child abuse deaths and the shocking increase in statistics highlights the frightening lack of public knowledge.
Educate Yourself--Learn the Facts--It may Just Save a Child's Life!!